Spam is a real problem. Our email service providers have done such a great job at protecting us, that most of the time we don’t even know how bad the spam problem i. Which is great! But, sometimes one solution can lead to another problem. Such is the case with spam filters when they block or re-categorize emails we actually want!
Below are some ideas about what you can do to tell the email powers in the sky that you do want to receive email from me! It all depends on what email program you use and who your email provider is. Naturally, they all do it a little bit differently. Look for yours in the below, and whitelist these 2 email address: firstname.lastname@example.org, and email@example.com.
To make sure our email gets delivered to your Inbox, you must add Jennifer Thornburg to your contacts list.
If you do not readily find an email from Jennifer Thornburg, please check your Gmail Spam Folder:
- If you see the email from Jennifer Thornburg: Open the Email.
- Click the button on the toolbar, labeled “Not Spam.”
Next please, add Jennifer Thornburg to your Contacts list:
- Open the email from Jennifer Thornburg.
- Click the drop down arrow next to “Reply” in the upper right side the email from header.
- Click the “Add Jennifer Thornburg to Contacts List” from the list that appears.
- If Jennifer Thornburg does not appear in the dropdown list, you probably have already added Jennifer Thornburg to Contacts.
– If you are using Gmail Tabs such as ‘Promotions’ please open your Promotions tab in Gmail.
- If you find an email from Jennifer Thornburg in your Gmail Promotions tab, grab and drag my email to the Primary Inbox Tab.
- After doing so, you will receive an alert like the one below at the top of your Gmail toolbar.
The conversation has been moved to “Primary”
Do this for future messages from firstname.lastname@example.org? Yes
3. Click Yes in the yellow alert box at Gmail.This way you will always see Jennifer Thornburg in your Primary Inbox tab.
If you have not received an email from Jennifer Thornburg, check your Spam Folder. If you see an email from Jennifer Thornburg:
- Please open the email.
- Next click the Not Spam button on the top toolbar.
To ensure delivery: Create a filter to automatically send email from Jennifer Thornburg to your Inbox.
- Move your mouse over or tap the Gear icon in the top right navigation bar.
- Select Settings from the list that drops down.
- Choose Filters located on the left side of the page.
- Click the Add button on the Filters page.
- Create a name such as Whitelist in the Filter name field.
- In the From field leave the default contains selected.
- Enter our email address email@example.com in the text box next to Contains…
- Choose the destination folder to which you would like the message delivered. For example: Inbox.
- Click or tap Save…
- You will see in the next screen -Deliver to Inbox if From contains Jennifer Thornburg–
- Click or tap Save on this screen.
- You will be returned to your Yahoo! Inbox.
Previously “Hotmail”, “Live”, “Windows Live” and “MSN”…
In the new Outlook.com you must click the Wait it’s safe link if you find emails incorrectly identified as spam.
Entering the email contact in the address book or contacts no longer whitelists the sender.
To ensure messages from specific email addresses are not sent to your Junk Email folder, you can do 1 of 2 things.
Option 1: Mark Sender as “Wait it’s safe!
- Open the email from Jennifer Thornburg.
- Click the “Wait it’s safe” link
Option 2: Manually Add to Safe List
- Click gear the icon on the top right.
- Select Options in the drop down list.
- On the Options page under Preventing junk email click Safe and blocked senders
- Click the link Safe senders on the next page.
- Enter the email address firstname.lastname@example.org in the text box.
- Click Add to list
- Jennifer Thornburg will now be added to your list of Safe senders
- Emails added to your Safe senders will not be delivered by mistake to your Junk folder.
To make sure our email gets delivered to your AOL Inbox- Please complete these two steps.
If you find Jennifer Thornburg in your spam folder:
- Right click the email.
- Click “Not spam” in the resulting list.
Add email@example.com to your Address Book:
- Open the email from Jennifer Thornburg
- Click the show details link next to Jennifer Thornburg in the From field.
- Move your mouse over or tap firstname.lastname@example.org to show the menu.
- Click or tap Add contact in the menu displayed.
- Add Jennifer Thornburg to the name fields
- Click Add contact
Email from that Domain will now be delivered straight to your Inbox.
Please log into your Xfinity account and select your Comcast webmail:
- Should you find an email from Jennifer Thornburg in your spam folder:
- Open the email.
- Click the Spam (not spam) icon on the top toolbar.
Next, please add Jennifer Thornburg to your address book:
- Please open the email from Jennifer Thornburg.
- Click on the button at the top left of the email that says:
|+ Add to Address Book|
- That will open your edit contact screen.
- Then click Save and you’re all done.
If you are not receiving email at EarthLink, there are two actions you can take.
- – Check Suspect Email folder
- – Add Jennifer Thornburg to your address book.
With EarthLink, if you have SpamBlocker turned on, suspect messages are automatically send to your Suspect Email folder if the Domain is not in your address book.
Suspect Email Folder:
- While in the Suspect Email folder, if you see Jennifer Thornburg…
- Select the Move to Inbox and Add Contact option from the drop down menu.
- This will add email@example.com to your Address Book for future email delivery assurance.
Address Book Inclusion:
- – Open the email.
- – Click Add to Address Book in the email header.
- – Use the Address Book Editor to verify the sender’s contact details and click save.
- – Fill in firstname.lastname@example.org as the email address of the sender.
- – Any mail sent with the same Domain (right of the @ sign) will now be delivered to your Inbox.
AT&T no longer maintains their own inbox.
Instead you can find your AT&T emails at Att.Yahoo.com
Please follow the Yahoo instructions for whitelisting an ATT.net email address.
Scoll to the Yahoo instructions…
Please open your Thunderbird email client:
If an email from Jennifer Thornburg appears in your Junk Folder:
Please mark that message as Not Junk.
Next, please add Jennifer Thornburg to your Address Book:
- Click the Address Book button.
- Make sure the Personal Address Book is highlighted.
- Click the New Contact button.
- Under the Contact tab, copy and paste the “From” address, email@example.com into the email text box.
- Click OK.
Jennifer Thornburg is in no way associated with any of the brands, websites or applications quoted here. All Trademarks ® are the property of their respective owners.
You can generate your own email whitelist instructions here.